Is there anything more relaxing than a long, luxurious bath? Yes! It’s the best, longest, most luxurious bath! The kind of bath that makes you forget the world and focus only on your own relaxation. Those kinds of baths can truly restore your soul.
Let’s take one of those baths tonight.
There are several components to a really great, luxurious bath.
- Candles, of course. In our perfect, wonderful holiday bath, we would all be surrounded at least a dozen Jo Malone London White Jasmine and Mint candles. However, if your budget does not permit, go for quantity over quality and surround your bath with as many unscented candles as you can find and throw in two or three beautifully scented candles to keep the room nicely fragrant.
- Mood music. Pandora has a lovely Soft Christmas Music channel that seems just right for remembering the season without having it be too intrusive in your thoughts. Also, resist the temptation to bring the phone into the tub! You want to focus on non-electronic things right now and I want both you and your phone to survive this bath.
- A luxury bath pillow. Once you’ve bathed with one of these, you can’t go back. Just lean your head back on the pillow and relax in comfort.
- A Lush bath bomb. My daughter turned me on to these and, if you’ll pardon the pun, they truly are the bomb. Drop one of these in the tub (or two if you’re feeling extra decadent – and aren’t we?) and your water will fizz into instant softness that will leave your skin silky smooth and your muscles relaxed. I like Big Blue since it smells wonderful and leaves the water a lovely blue color. There are DIY versions of this all over Pinterest, but they require citric acid and other ingredients I don’t typically keep around the house.
- Reading Material (optional). You have two choices for your bathtime entertainment. You can, of course, lie back on your pillow with your eyes closed and savor the soft music and candlelight and your alone time. True confession, though. I get bored doing that after five minutes. Give me a good book or magazine, though, and I can stay in the tub until I’m a wrinkled mess.
- Also optional, but encouraged, your favorite beverage. Is there anything more decadent than shutting out the world and sipping on a cup of tea or glass of wine?
- Finally, spa bathrobe and slippers. Once you’re done with your bath, you won’t want to sully your silken skin with ordinary clothes! Slip into a heavy spa bathrobe and slip into bed to continue your reading. The world will continue spinning without you for the night.
This is part of my 31 Days of Holiday Self-Care Challenge. To see all the posts in this series, visit here.