Last week’s Friday Fun Links were dusty with yellow pollen. This week’s links are soggy and wet: it’s been raining all week long in Atlanta and I have no idea when it will stop. So, I’m giving you guys some long reads to curl up with while you sip your cup of tea on the couch. And they’re all scientifically designed to provide you with maximum happiness.
But, first! Take a look at this dog please! I posted it on Instagram this week with the expectation that I was going to break the Internet and got two lousy likes!
Does it need an explanation? See, it’s a dog playing Monopoly and he’s confused and perhaps a little concerned because he’s in over his head. It’s clear he doesn’t trust the other player. Plus, he’s the banker. In a way, it’s a metaphor for us all as we make our way in the big, cold world. Do you get it now? See, it’s funny!
Ok, I’ll reward you with some actual entertainment specifically chosen this week for your maximum happiness.
- Sure, waste your time on the Internet, but when it comes to spending your money, science says you’ll be happier if you spend it on experiences.
- Of course, if you’re reading this at 7:00pm, then you must already be very happy.
- But if you want to predict your happiness? Well, there’s an equation for that.
- And if you want to learn to be happier? Well, there’s an app for that.
- Don’t worry, not everything today is serious reading. Because what could be happier than the 50 Cutest Things that ever happened. Ever!
- And here’s a bonus long read that goes on forever and made me ALOL (actually laugh out loud) so I think that certainly counts as happiness: 25 funny parents trolling their kids. (Send this one to your kids to show them how bad things could be with other parents.)
And, no, my video isn’t Pharrell’s Happy, but something for all of us reinventers looking for our next chapter to keep in mind. When we’re looking for what we want to do, let’s all try to find something that makes us as excited as these scientists get when a sperm whale shows up during their mission. The whale’s kinda impressive too.
You guys have a happy, happy weekend.