Welcome to this week’s edition of Friday Fun Links! Are you feeling bad because you didn’t get around to reading this until Sunday at the earliest? That’s cool. People get busy. And then we forgive. So we’re cool, right?
- What is cool anyway? The LA Times has social scientists study this important question and still can’t figure outthat Steve Buscemi is the essence of cool, you idiots!
- How about you? Would a teen – the ultimate arbiter of all things cool – think you’re cool? (I’m guessing no, if you’re taking a Buzzfeed quiz, but they’re still fun.)
- But wait! What if we’ve been fooled all along and teens aren’t cool?
- After all, Dads were the original hipsters and Moms were the first style icons. And the people who dressed like this in high school in 1969 were absolutely the coolest of the cool.
- I wanted to finish up this post by declaring the coolest person who ever lived. So I did about 15 minutes of Google research to make sure I thought of all the possible contenders. Is it Ferris Bueller, who allegedly had his mythical day off 30 years ago today? Is it Mick Foley, who I never heard of before, but definitely seems cool in this article I read (especially the comments)? Is it Miles Davis, who appears to be the definition of cool to most people? No, it’s my Dad. See evidence below.
Enjoy a cool tune from the coolest cats on the Internet. You guys stay cool this week.