Yay! It’s here, the day we’ve all been working for, assuming this is a holiday you celebrate. Or maybe you don’t celebrate Christmas and today is a lonely day for you because the world shuts down and leaves you out. Or maybe you do celebrate Christmas but you’re far from your family today and that’s a loneliness like no other. Or maybe you’re surrounded by family members and lonelier than ever. The truth is, a high-stakes holiday like Christmas can bring an almost infinite number of ways you can feel stress.
So, today, I’m offering two things to you. First, my sincere wish that you have a Peaceful and Joyful Christmas Day. And next, just in case, a Best of the Internet List of Tips to deal with holiday stress. If you’ve got an issue today, maybe one of these will help you out.
- College kids home for the holidays? 8 ways to make it fun, not frustrating
- Managing your grief during the holidays
- 5 Ways to survive your next holiday gathering
- How to cope when you’re alone at Christmas
- What to do on Christmas when you don’t celebrate it
- 9 things to do with gifts you can’t return
- Stress, depression and the holidays
- Everything you need to know about holiday travel stress
- Five common Christmas problems and how to fix them
- How to avoid holiday family fights
Be sure and check back tomorrow! We’re decompressing from the holidays and looking forward to 2017!
This is part of my 31 Days of Holiday Self-Care Challenge. To see all the posts in this series, visit here.