As you read this, I’m on a plane heading to New York to visit colleges with my daughter and hopefully have a bit of fun. Send either warm thoughts or beautiful, snowy winter fun thoughts my way. In the meantime, here are some things that entertained me over the last week. I hope they entertain you.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
- This one’s for the ladies: From guilty pleasure to Emmy Awards: The delightfully weird history of Lifetime movies
- Well, this is a total delight: the crazy cat lady was around – and deplored – as early as 1872. And the New York Times was on it.
- Amazon’s 100 Books to Read in a Lifetime is not the usual classic books or modern literary heavyweights, but really an interesting group to create a well-read life, as it says. I think this may be the list I actually try to cross off. Not at all influenced by the fact that I’m pretty sure that I’ve read the most books on this list than on of the other 100 books… types of lists that I usually see.
- I’ve become a little obsessed with telling my friends the number one song on the day they were born. (It was Tossin’ and Turnin’ by Bobby Lewis for me, thanks for asking.)
- Finally, if you loved Parks and Recreation as much as I did and if you’re already missing it, then you should definitely read http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/02/parks-and-recreation-evolution-oral-history/ and if you haven’t seen it or if you saw an episode and didn’t give it a chance, then you should immediatly go to netfilx and watch all available epsiodes right now. I’ll wait.
Hope those cat ladies didn’t try to walk those cats.
Get the Newsletter!
Sign up now and you'll get Midlife Rambler delivered right to your inbox!