Yay – It’s Amazon Prime Day once again. Amazon Prime Day is an annual shopping event exclusively for Amazon Prime members. Eligible customers can enjoy exclusive discounts and deals on a range of items, including electronics, home goods, fashion, and more. This year’s event starts at midnight July 12 (tomorrow!) and runs through July 13.
Lots of items are deeply discounted during Amazon Prime Day. Plus, other retailers like to get into the act as well. Target is currently running their Target Deal Days. Best Buy is holding Black Friday in July. So there are tons of deals you can grab now. With the current inflation we’re experiencing, I’m planning to do most of my Christmas shopping right now and then hold on to everything until the holidays since I can’t really expect prices to be lower then. However, I found plenty of savings right now!
Amazon Prime Days officially starts tomorrow, but lots of deals have already started happening! Here’s an overview of what’s on sale now. Keep checking back as I’ll continue to update this throughout this week.
Do You Have to Be an Amazon Prime Member to Get These Deals?
Yes, you must be a member of Amazon Prime in order to get the deals offered on Amazon Prime Day. But you don’t have to pay for Amazon Prime. Just sign up for the Amazon Prime 30-day Free Trial and you can start saving right away. If you aren’t happy with the program, you can cancel before your 30-day trial ends.
For the Home
- AeroGarden Harvest with Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit – Hydroponic Indoor Garden. Was $164.95, Now $120.00. I’ve been wanting this for a while and it’s still expensive, but now Amazon is also offering it for 3 interest-free payments of 40.00 each. If I wasn’t currently traveling, I would probably go for this.
- Casper Sleep Hug Body Pillow. Was $139.00, now $89.00. Anyone with back pain would love this supportive pillow. The perfect gift for any pregnant women in your life.
- OApier S5 Steam Mop. Was $79.99, now $59.99. These things work so great and this is a wonderful price.
- SAFAVIEH Madison Collection. I had several of these rugs in my house and loved how beautiful they were. I thought they were really inexpensive when I bought them. So I’m sure you can imagine how disgusted I am to see that Amazon has them currently priced at up to 75% off. 75% off. Literally, a rug I thought was a great deal at $300 is now $75.00. Sigh. Anyway, you might want to get some of these.
- Calvin Klein Women’s Pleat Neck Sleeveless Cami. 50% Off and this sleeveless sheath is so comfy and versatile. Was $39.00, now $19.50
- Barely Bootcut Knit Pants. Was $44.99, now $35.99. 20% off.
- Pebbled Vegan Leather Tassel Tote. This was already an amazing price at $10.99, but now it’s $8.99!
- Open Toe Ankle Strap Espadrille Sandals. Was $49.99, now 28.50.
- Long Sleeve Wrap High/Low Knit Top. Was $32.90, now 22.04.
- Dr. Scholl’s Shoes Women’s Nova Sneaker. Was $50.00, now 30.00.
- Keds Women’s Champion Canvas Sneaker. Was $54.95, now $34.88.
- True & Co Women’s True Body Lift Scoop Neck Bra. I’ve been wanting to try these bras for a while, but I’ve been put off by the $50.00 plus price tag and they never went on sale. Prices vary by size on this bra that is supposed to minimize both back pain and back fat, but seem to run around $25.00.
Great for College Students and Young Adults
- Thinx Period Panties – My daughter is a huge fan of these panties which can be worn alone or paired with a tampon or pad for extra protection. They normally run $25.00 per pair, but are currently on a lightening deal for $16.11 (30% off) and rarely go on sale. If the deal isn’t available when you look for it, keep checking back because these deals sometimes go away for a while and then come back.
- Crocs. Was $49.09, now $35.99. It cracks me up that crocs, the shoes that my daughter once said made my husband look like a “big nerd” are now so popular that that very same daughter owns multiple pairs. But, hey, let’s normalize changing our minds and realizing how awesome these comfy, sturdy shoes can be, especially when they are up to 30% off.
- Elvana Home 4 Pack Bath Towel Set 27×54, 100% Ring Spun Cotton. Normally $59.99, now $33.99 (43% off). These soft towels come in a variety of colors and would be an excellent choice for the college dorm.
- Vekkia Reading & Bed Rest Pillow with Support Arms. Normally, $69.99, this is currently on sale for $45.99 (34% off).
- LED Desk Lamp with Wireless Charger, USB Charging Port. Normally $55.99, now $34.99 (38% off) plus 10% coupon applied at checkout.
- 6 Pack – SimpleHouseware Foldable Cloth Storage Cube Basket Bins Organizer. Was $29.99, now $19.97. Versatile storage that’s easy to pack.
- Libbey Can Shaped Beer Glass. Help ease the transition from drinking out of cans to glasses by gifting these glasses in the shape of beer cans. They’re actually really cute and dishwasher safe.
- Grey Business Laptop Backpack. Was $41.99, now $29.99. This upgraded backpack is the perfect way to transition from college to first job.
- Apple AirPods Pro. Was $259.00, now $169.00. I finally broke down and purchased a pair of these earbuds last year for my birthday and I’m so glad. They fit great, the sound is crystal clear and you really do get what you pay for. My old cheapo earbuds always stopped working after a few months but my airpods are still going strong after a year and my daugther’s airpods are working great after more than 3 year.
- Amazon Halo Band. Was $99.99, now $44.99. If I didn’t already have an Apple watch, I would grab this right now. And actually, at this price, I might grab it anyway. The Amazon Halo provides cutomized workouts, analyzes your body fat percentage, measures your movement and provides recommendations for improvements and even analyzes your tone of voices to let you know how your sound to others. I’m really intrigued by this device.
- Fire Stick with Alexa Voice Remote. Was $39.99, now $16.99. This is an easy way to convert an older TV to a Smart Tv.
- Echo Show 5. Was $84.99, now $34.99. I didn’t see the appeal of these devices but I got one free last year with our Ring doorbell and ended up loving it. My husband watched Braves game recaps every morning when he made coffee. I actually found following along with video recipes to be useful and helpful. If I needed to watch a YouTube video in order to see something to do something, the screen was bigger than my phone but easier to access than my laptop. We used it several times a day for a variety of reasons – including checking our doorbell camera. And $34.99 is an amazing price.
- Three months of Kindle Unlimited for Free. (Normally 9.99 / month). If you love ebooks like I do, you’ll love this offer, which lets you read a dizzying number of kindle books free for three months.
- Premium Channels 99 cents a month for up to 2 months. Amazon runs this deal occasionally and my husband like to grab a channel we normally wouldn’t subscribe to and binge all their best content. They also have a selection of streaming movies for up to 50% off.
ALERT: Don’t Buy These From Amazon!
I found these items cheaper elsewhere. The Amazon Prime deal isn’t always the best price!
- If you have a student going off to college this fall, they’ll love this Keurig® K-Mini Plus® Single Serve K-Cup® Pod Coffee Maker in Black. Amazon has it for $89.99, which is a pretty good price, but Bed, Bath and Beyond has it for $60.00 which is unbelievable!
- KitchenAid – Pro 5™ Plus 5 Quart Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer – Best Buy is selling this Mixer for $279.99. That’s $170.00 off the regular price of $449.99 and just $10 more than Amazon is charging for the basic KitchenAid 4.5 Quart 250 Watt model.