So, we’re sheltering at home for the foreseeable future. These are scary times for us all, as I know you know all too well. Fortunately, we’re well-stocked for food. I realized last week that we would probably end up being stuck indoors for quite a while and went on a major Trader Joe’s run.
Trader Joe’s is the perfect place to go when you need to stock up because they carry a great assortment of frozen dinners, delicious sauces, and other staples for quick and easy “almost gourmet” meals. Even if you’re stuck at home for weeks, you never have to get to the stage where you just pull out a frozen lasagna. (Unless you want to – they do have great frozen lasagna.) You can still make an easy and delicious dinner with minimal fresh ingredients.
This recipe is one of my go-tos for those nights when I want it all for dinner: something healthy, something easy, something comforting. The Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce is rich and flavorful and it smells so wonderful when you open the jar.
According to the Trader Joe’s website, this sauce starts with a base of velvety coconut milk to which a green curry paste is added. (The TJ’s website says this is incredibly flavorful and spicy. I’ll agree that it’s very flavorful, but it’s not at all spicy. If that’s something you want, consider adding some chopped peppers or a bit of hot sauce to this recipe). The paste includes shallots, lemongrass, garlic, galangal, coriander seed, Thai lime peel, ginger, turmeric and cumin and I swear you can taste all it all.
This dish is rich and creamy so it tastes like it’s an unhealthy indulgence when really you’re feeding your body the veggies it needs to stay healthy. It’s the perfect soothing meal for these troubled times.
You guys stay safe and wash your hands.
- 2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Container Trader Joe's Mirepoix - pre-diced onions, carrots, and celery
- 2 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast Halves
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1 Jar Trader Joe's Thai Green Curry Sauce
- 1 Package Trader Joe's Riced Cauliflower
- Heat 1 TB oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion, celery and carrots until softened. Remove from pan.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly on both sides with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and done.
- Add cooked veggies back to pan along with contents of the jar of Thai Green Curry Sauce and simmer for 10-15 minutes until heated through.
- While the chicken and veggies simmer in the curry sauce, prepare Trader Joe's Riced Cauliflower according to package directions.
- Serve chicken and veggies over the cauliflower rice when heated through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350