Sip into summer with this White Peach Basil Sangria! It’s packed with flavor from ripe peaches, honey, and fresh basil. Yum!
Summer is just around the corner, and you know what that means – it’s time to break out the sangria! If you’re looking for a refreshing and unique twist on this classic cocktail, then you’re in luck. This White Peach Basil Sangria is loaded with flavor and sure to be your new go-to drink for all those summer gatherings.
This sangria is the perfect combination of sweet and herbaceous flavors, with juicy white peaches, fragrant basil leaves, and a touch of honey. And let’s not forget the club soda, which adds that refreshing little fizz we all know and love.
Whether you’re hosting a backyard BBQ or simply sipping on your porch swing, this White Peach Basil Sangria is the perfect companion for any summer occasion. So grab your pitcher, your wine glasses, and your best pals, and let’s get sipping!
Tips & Variations
Choose ripe peaches: The key to a flavorful sangria is using very ripe, juicy fruit. Look for peaches that are slightly soft to the touch and have a sweet aroma.
Use fresh basil: I like the convenience of dried herbs as much as the next person, but this is not the place. Fresh basil is a must for this recipe – it adds a fragrant and herbaceous note to the sangria. If you don’t have fresh basil, you can substitute with fresh mint or thyme.
Let the sangria chill: I know, I know. It’s temping to just dive right in. But for the best flavor, let the sangria chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving, so the flavors have time to meld together. You can even make this sangria up to 8 hours ahead of time if you’re prepping for a party!
Add the club soda just before serving: Don’t forget to save the club soda for last. Add it just before serving so the sangria doesn’t go flat while it chills. If you’re not serving the entire pitcher at once, you can add the club soda to each individual glass.
Experiment with other fruits: While peaches and basil are a great combination, you can also experiment with other fruits to create your very own customized sangria recipe. Try adding strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries for a fruity twist!
- 1 bottle (750 ml) dry white wine, such as Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 ripe white peaches, sliced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup club soda
- Ice cubes, for serving
- In a large pitcher, combine the dry white wine and basil leaves. Use a wooden spoon or muddler to gently crush the basil leaves to release their flavor.
- Add the sliced white peaches and honey to the pitcher, and stir until the honey is dissolved.
- Cover the pitcher with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (or up to 8 hours) to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Just before serving, stir in the club soda to give the sangria some fizz.
- Fill wine glasses with ice cubes, and pour the White Peach Basil Sangria over the ice. Garnish each glass with additional peach slices and basil leaves if desired.
If you prefer a sweeter sangria, you can add more honey to taste. And if you want to make this recipe non-alcoholic, you can substitute white grape juice or ginger ale for the white wine.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 22gNet Carbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 1g