It’s no secret that I’m a huge Trader Joe’s fan. I still remember that first time I visited one in Seattle. I came out with a bottle of Two Buck Check, a bouquet of fresh flowers, and my first ever crush on a grocery store.
TJ’s finally came to Atlanta in the late 2000s and I’ve been a devoted shopper ever since. I love to cook but I’m frequently rushed for time in the evening so I love the fact that so many of their meals, while great on their own, can be easily dressed up and turned into a meal that makes your husband ask, “What are we celebrating?” when you serve it.
This Semi-Homemade Gourmet Gnocchi is the perfect example of such a meal. I mean, basically, it’s just Trader Joe’s Gnocchi alla Gorgonzola (the official name of the product) which you make by dumping the meal into a skillet and heating up. That’s fine. It’s a great meal to to heat up and eat in front of the TV.
But add a little fresh spinach (for color, texture, and a serving of veggies to make the dish a little healthier) and toasted pecans (for crunch and flavor) and you’ve got a meal that demands to be eaten at the table on a nice plate. Now throw in that lemon zest and a shot of fresh lemon juice and you’ve somehow elevated the sauce that comes with the Trader Joe’s Gorgonzola Gnocchi from “pretty good” to “wow, that’s delicious.” Not bad for a meal with 4 ingredients.
More Easy Trader Joe’s Recipes
- Easy Gourmet Gnocchi with Trader Joe’s Gorgonzola Gnocchi
- Chicken and Riced Cauliflower with Mixed Veggies in Trader Joe’s Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce
- Trader Joe’s Argentinian Red Shrimp with Trader Joe’s Limone Alfredo Sauce
- The Easiest Trader Joe’s Meal of All Time: Easy Mandarin Orange Chicken Fried Rice
This easy weeknight dinner features Trader Joe’s gorgonzola gnocchi turned into a gourmet meal with some spinach and toasted pecans for flavor and crunch. Serve with some crusty bread and a salad by candlelight for a romantic meal or eat in front of the TV – either way it’s healthy and delicious and ready in no time flat.
- 1 Package Trader Joe's Gnocchi al Gorgonzola
- 1/2 Package Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Add Trader Joe's Gorgonzola Gnocchi, pecans, and lemon juice to pre-heated pan and heat until sauce is mostly melted. (Approximately 5 minutes.)
- Throw in the fresh spinach and lemon zest and heat until sauce is completely melted and spinach is melted.
Serving Size:1/2 Package
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 542Total Fat: 52gSodium: 682mgCarbohydrates: 59gSugar: 15gProtein: 17g