I spent the last year organizing my house – and in many ways my life – by the principles in the book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. It’s been a fascinating journey and one I wouldn’t have anticipated when I impulsively clicked “Buy Now” over a year ago. It’s fair to say that reading the book and implementing the KonMari method of organization really did change my life in both small ways and really big ways. For example, a future blog post is going to show how I looked around my downstairs living room, decided that it didn’t exactly spark joy, and changed it from a room that was “all right” to a room that makes my heart sing. (After that, I’ll have my husband write a guest post about why he’s still married to me. I’m sure we’ll all be interested in that – me included.)
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
I’ve been documenting my journey over the past year on the blog so here’s a big mega post of everything I’ve tried and everything I’ve learned. As always, I’d love to hear your experiences and comments. And if you’ve tried out the KonMari method and blogged about – definitely feel free to drop a link to your post in the comments as well. I’d love to grow this post into a list of great real-life stories from around the Internet.
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up – Using the KonMari Method to Spark Reinvention – The basics of the KonMari Method.
- How to Organize Your Clothes Using the KonMari Method – Lots of good tips on what to discard and keep and how to fold your clothes.
- My KonMari Tidy Up – One Month Later – Maintaining your hard work.
- Using the KonMari Method to Spark Reinvention in the New Year – Revisiting the KonMari method before I tackle my kitchen.
- A Sneak Peek into My KonMari Kitchen Cabinet Reorganization – An overview of determining what sparks joy in the kitchen.
- Why I’d Never Organize My Photos Using Marie Kondo’s KonMari Method – I firmly believe in the KonMari method for most areas of my life, but there some places where I draw the line.
- My Kitchen Pantry Organization (with Help from Ikea and Wal-Mart) – Once we decide what to keep, it’s time to decide where to keep it. Here’s a look at my organized pantry, which still gives me joy over six months after the project was completed.
- 5 Reasons You (and I!) May Have a Hard Time Staying Organized and How to Crush Them – Once you’ve completed your organization project, you have to maintain it. Here are some reasons you might find that challenging and how to overcome them.
- My KonMari Clean Up One Year Later – Here’s what stuck and what didn’t and how I realized that I really am a (mostly) reformed former slob.