Here’s everything you need to know for your own Marie Kondo Tidy Up project.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
I spent most of 2016 organizing my house -- and in many ways, my life -- by the principles in the book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up and I’ve been continuing the journey ever since. It’s been a fascinating process and one I wouldn’t have anticipated when I impulsively clicked “Buy Now” so long ago.
Reading the book and implementing the KonMari method of organization really did change my life in both small ways and really big ways. I started looking at everything in my life and asking what “sparked joy” and made many changes in how my home was laid out and how I spent my time.
Over the years, I’ve compiled a huge list of resources while I’ve been documenting my journey on the blog so I’ve compiled a mega post of everything you might want to know if you decide to implement your own KonMari Tidy Up.
Let me know if you find this useful or what other information you’d like to see. And please share your own KonMari tidy up experience in the comments!
Marie Kondo and the KonMari Method
- Don’t mess with Marie: tidying up with author and Netflix star Marie Kondo
- To Hell and Back Again: A Day with the Marie Kondo Method
- Here’s Why Organizing Your Empty Nest with Marie Kondo’s Konmari Method Really Could Change Your Life
- The one thing we’re all missing about Marie Kondo’s infamous question “Does it spark joy?”
- What Is the KonMari Method?
- Why This Controversial Organizing Method Is Exactly What You Need
- The Economics of Tidying Up
- Ready to KonMari in 2019? Marie Kondo shares her 6 rules of tidying
- 5 Tips for Tidying Up You Won’t Learn from Marie Kondo’s Netflix Show
Your KonMari Vision
- 4 konmari vision statements to get you started
- Focusing Your KonMari Vision Statements
- Visualizing your ideal life?
- How To KonMari Fold Dresses
- Everything You Ever Need to Know About KonMari Folding
- Declutter Your Family’s Closets in 6 Easy Steps Using the KonMari Method
- How to Organize Your Clothes Using the KonMari Method
Books and Papers
- No, Marie Kondo is not on a mission to destroy every beloved book you own
- The KonMari Method: Organizing Books
- Tidying Up the KonMari Way: Papers
- Cupcakes and Cashmere x KonMari: Organizing Komono
- Tidying Up the KonMari Way: Kitchen & Bathrooms
- How to Declutter the Kitchen with the KonMari Method
- Marie Kondo’s Drastic Bathroom Organization Strategy
- How to to Declutter Every Room in Your Home the KonMari Way
- A Sneak Peek into My KonMari Kitchen Cabinet Reorganization
- Decluttering and Organizing the Kitchen with Help from Marie Kondo
- Marie Kondo: How to clear out sentimental clutter
- Tidying Up the KonMari Way: Sentimental Items
- Marie Kondo’s Best Advice for Dealing with Sentimental Clutter
- Why I’d Never Organize Photos Using Marie Kondo’s KonMari Method
- What Do Early KonMari Adopters’ Homes Look Like Now?
- My KonMari Tidy Up One Month Later
- My KonMari Clean Up One Year Later
- Livin’ Well Shoe Racks for Closets -- Double Deck Shoe Organizer for Closet Organizer (Grey, 10pk)
- Simple Houseware Closet Underwear Organizer Drawer Divider
- Foldable Drawer Organizers
- Clear Plastic Vanity and Desk Drawer Organizers
- Clear Storage Boxes